The traditional restaurant is located in Drahtgasse 2, a side street of Am Hof. It was founded in 1937 and furnished by Josef Wagner in the Austrian home style (1946-1947).
In November 1948, the restaurant entertained the film crew during the shooting for the thriller "Third Man" (1948).
In the late 1970s, the restaurant was extended by a winter garden that tripled the capacity of the original location.
It is known as the favorite restaurant of the Viennese mayors.
After necessary renovations, it is run by the current operator since 2017.